Local Knowledge from PredictWind
Level up your next marine adventure with the official launch of PredictWind’s newest feature Local Knowledge. Become a “local” at the tap of a finger. With Local Knowledge you can find a hidden dive spot, a great place to stop for a drink, a safe anchorage, find out where the fish are ‘on the bite’ or even where to get a bite. Whether it's an onshore adventure you're after or you just need to shop for some essentials, PredictWind has got you covered with Local Knowledge.
Local Knowledge comes preloaded with a wealth of information so all you need to do is filter for your activity type and the kind of experience you are looking for and let PredictWind lead the way.
Find Local Knowledge on the following:
· Marina Buoys
· Customs Clearance
· Kite Spots
· Windsurf Spots
· Fishing Spots
· Wind Tips
· Dive Spots
· Wind Warnings
· Current Warnings
· Largest GPS tracking network in the world - automatically updated.
· Passage Planning to get the inside tips on passage planning for your next offshore crossing.
To see the full list of locations click here.
Unique features of PredictWind’s Local Knowledge
· Designed by PredictWind Community tailored for You: it has all the info you need!
· Public or Private: Spot information can be shared to all PredictWind registered users or kept private within your friend group.
· Expert Input: Learn from the experts in the industry including the top Sailing YouTube Channels, Cruising associations, and our PredictWind experts across a wide range of activities. Find out for example, the favourite anchorages of La Vagabonde, SV Delos, Expedition Drenched, Brickhouse, Totem, and Sailing Zatara.
· News Feed: Follow a boat (person) to see their latest updates.
· Daily Briefing: The PredictWind Daily Weather Briefing is available at every local knowledge spot.
· Climate Data: 10 years of Climate data from ECMWF is available to help plan your next trip with monthly averages for Wind Speed/Direction, Air Temperature, Rainfall, Wave Height/Direction/Period, Sea Surface Temperature, Cloud Coverage, Max Gust, and Thunderstorm Index.
Check out the Local Knowledge feature in the PredictWind App or Website.
Attention Sailing Organizations & PR Agencies:
Coastal Boating (Reg. in Ireland No. 443222) is a division of Knowledge Clinic Ltd.
Europe: Port Aleria, Rosnakilly, Kilmeena, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland - USA: PO Box 726, Mahwah, NJ 07430
All content on this site is subject to Copyright© - All rights reserved.
Contact us - Advertising - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Copyright & Trademark - Webmaster