New! Southampton Boat Show 2015
This Friday (11 September 2015) Europe’s largest festival of boating sails into Southampton, marking the start of the 47th Southampton Boat Show.
As expected, the Show’s iconic marina will be a showcase of legendary build and design from global superstars of boat manufacturing. Plus the event will host family favourite attractions, including On The Water’s Try-a-Boat and the Honda Boat Show Eye.
This year’s Show will also be one of many firsts. With over 100 boat debuts already confirmed and brand new attractions for 2015, visitors can expect a truly spectacular day out.
As well as experiencing the usual life on the water, visitors will have the exciting opportunity to get up close to life below the seas at the Show’s very own Aquarium. Developed in association with the University of Southampton, there will be an array of tanks and rock pools, filled with creatures from the local waters, and a dark-room, showcasing the fascinating world of corals and anemones.
This year’s Show promises to be the most ‘on-the-water’ ever, with even the youngest visitors able to get involved. Alongside the child friendly Get Afloat!, targeted at 8-16 year olds, the Adventure River Canoe Ride will allow infants to climb aboard their own canoe and paddle down the feature’s winding river.
Likewise this year organisers have partnered with Sunseeker Charters to take the Show’s Platinum Experience to the next level of luxury. This exclusive experience includes round-the-clock VIP hospitality in the customised Sunseeker Platinum Lounge and more importantly, a one hour ride onboard a Sunseeker Predator 56 delivering the iconic Sunseeker ‘wind in the hair’ performance.
Plus on the water visitors can climb onboard and explore the Show’s new feature boats.
This includes the tall ship Earl of Pembroke, straight from the completion of its full restoration and refit. The Show plays tribute to this unique restoration project which has seen contributions from historic specialists, T. Nielsen & Co, along with cutting-edge marine technician, Landau UK.
Also the Show will welcome the J109 yacht, Red Arrow, and its crew. Owned and operated by the Royal Air Force Sailing Association (RAFSA), this 35ft yacht has seen serving members of the RAF compete in world-famous sailing events, including the Warsash Series and JP Morgan Round the Island Race.
In addition, for the first time the Red Arrows will be performing their show-stopping aerobatic display on Saturday 12 September at the Southampton Boat Show.
Ultimately at this year’s Show there will be even more to see and do.
As Murray Ellis, British Marine Boat Shows’ Managing Director, reflects: "This year's Southampton Boat Show further upholds its declaration as Europe's biggest boating festival by providing more free opportunities than ever before for visitors to get out on the water. Whether dinghy sailing, trying out a yacht, power boating or taking a ride on a RIB, we want to get all the family active and exploring the world of boating and watersports at the Show."
"Today marks an exciting time in the build up to Southampton Boat Show as the first boats arrive in the Show's purpose-built marina. Over the coming days, more than 350 of the world's leading sailboats and high-performance powerboats will travel up the Solent to berth in the marina, ready for the Show to begin this Friday."
About the Southampton Boat Show:
· The Southampton Boat Show runs from 11-20 September in Mayflower Park, Southampton. Opening hours are Friday 11 – Saturday 19, 10am – 6:30pm and Sunday 20, 10am – 6pm; visitors can access the Arena area of the Show from 9:30am with access across the bridge to the Holiday Inn from 10am
· For all Show ticket information please visit www.southamptonboatshow.com
· A fee of £1.75 applies per transaction, not per ticket
· Some of the Show’s attractions are free to visitors; however there will be a charge for some attractions and experiences
· The Southampton Boat Show and the London Boat Show at ExCeL London are organised by British Marine Boat Shows, a subsidiary of British Marine, the membership organisation for the UK boating industry
· All activities can be booked at the Show – see www.southamptonboatshow.com for details
· The London Boat Show takes place from Friday 8 – Sunday 17 January 2016 at ExCeL London – see www.londonboatshow.com for more details.
Attention Sailing Organizations & PR Agencies:
Coastal Boating (Reg. in Ireland No. 443222) is a division of Knowledge Clinic Ltd.
Europe: Port Aleria, Rosnakilly, Kilmeena, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland - USA: PO Box 726, Mahwah, NJ 07430
All content on this site is subject to Copyright© - All rights reserved.
Contact us - Advertising - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Copyright & Trademark - Webmaster